Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Announcement: New companion blog

I currently have posts scheduled for this blog through the beginning of August, so I thought this would be a good time to start a side project alongside this blog.

I've been getting slightly burned out on these PCE and SFC games because so many of them are the same basic Dragon Quest-style games with only minor innovations. I absolutely do not want to stop doing this blog, but I want to have another project to alternate with to alleviate some of the tedium.

My main game love has been for strategy RPGs ever since I played Shining Force in high school. One of my disappointments with this blog is that I've played so few of them -- in fact, the only SRPG so far was Albert Odyssey, which sucked.

So I have started This Map is Completed!, a chronogaming blog for strategy RPGs. Right now I'm playing Fire Emblem 1 for the Famicom, and I have the introduction and first post up.

On this blog, Silva Saga II will begin on Saturday and run for two weeks before returning to PCE games. Unfortunately emulation problems made it so I could only play a short amount of Gensou Tairiku Auleria, but Tenshi no Uta II seems like a promising game (having played the first section).

No comments:

Post a Comment