I've completed 1994! That's the longest year; the Super Famicom now enters a slow decline. 1995 still has a fair number of games. 1996 has noticeably fewer games, although there are a good number of high quality ones. 1997 is where you really see most of the companies abandoning the platform, leaving just a few games to trickle out until 2000(!) when the system finally dies.
There are no new RPGs in January, perhaps because of the post-Christmas lull. Here are all the games I picked up identified as RPGs in various sources. The ones I will play are in bold. (See this list for links to the SRPG posts.
- Majin Tensei II - SRPG, already played on my other blog.
- Estopolis Denki II (i.e. Lufia II) - I'm looking forward to this. I've started it twice in the past but not played past the first few hours.
- Farland Story - crappy SRPG.
- Front Mission - SRPG
- Nage Libre - I had initially missed this on my SRPG playthroughs. After I play Estopolis Denki II I will do Nage Libre on my other blog.
- Eternal Firena
- Last Bible III - I have played the first two for the Game Boy; they were OK but nothing special.
- Chrono Trigger - Great game but I've already played it plenty of times. Interesting to see it occur here. I think of this as a very late SNES release, but when I reach here I will be at 72 out of 130 games so it's just a bit over the middle.
- Love Quest
- Nekketsu Tairiku Burning Heroes
- Super Robot Taisen 4 - SRPG
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Goku-Den, Totsugeki Hen - This does not really look like an RPG to me, although it has RPG elements. It also looks to me like it relies heavily on knowing the story of the manga. There's also a translation patch.
- Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei -- this is a remake of the NES Megami Tensei games. I played it some years ago and have no desire to replay it. It really shows its age; most of the game is just exploring empty, featureless dungeons.
- RPG School Super Dante - This is just a creation kit, not a game.
- Dragon Knight and Graffiti (PCE) - One of the seven remaining PCE games. It's a remake of the original Dragon Knight; I probably won't finish it.